- This event has passed.
Two Day HALT & HASS Seminar + Workshop by Aldo Fucinari in Denver, CO
September 26, 2017 @ 8:30 am - September 27, 2017 @ 4:30 pm$1195
Plan now to attend! HALT & HASS Two-Day Seminar + Workshop
September 26-27, 2017 Denver, CO at Qualmark Instructor: Aldo Fucinari
Cost $1,195 USD, Group rates available!
Seminar Objective: This two-day seminar gives valuable insight into saving your company millions of dollars in lost opportunity by prevention of latent product defects. You will get to market faster and delight your customers by producing consistent high quality products. Participants will obtain a deeper understanding of what the HALT and HASS methods do for process and product maturity in an organization and will enable better integration of these methods into the design and manufacturing processes respectively. The instructor invites high level management as well as engineers to attend.
Aldo Fucinari has 35 years’ experience in design validation testing, electrical engineering and environmental testing and holds a BSCE degree in Computer Engineering. Aldo is the chief consultant for RapidDiscoverySystems.com and is partnered with Hobbs Engineering and Qualmark to provide end to end HALT, HASS and specialized environmental testing solutions. Now as an independent reliability engineering consultant he is involved with world-class companies in medical, computer, defense and automotive products.
- Summary & Management Overview, Origin of the methods and how they developed through the years.
- Stress Strength
- Load-Strength relationships and how they relate to latent epidemic field failures.
- How HALT & HASS relate to Weibull analysis and the bathtub curve of reliability. Prevention of Early Life, Useful Life and Wear out failures.
- Cycle fatigue testing. S/N curves, cycle testing fixtures, acceleration of failure and time compression.
- Understanding operational environmental specifications and design margin. How much is enough?
Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT)
- HALT testing – Finding ALL failures
- The Classic HALT method Step by Step
- Component parts variation, Temperature, Voltage, Vibration effects. Simple parts changes that save millions.
- What the operational and destruct limits look like on a chart. How to use these for stress screening profiles.
- Where to stop improving the product in a logical, cost effective way.
- Electronic dynamic reactions during HALT and what to measure. Rapid detection of firmware issues.
- Leveraging HALT for cost reduction. The myth that stronger is more Expensive.
6 Degree of Freedom Vibration
- Single sine, single axis, six degree of freedom
- Combined rapid thermal and vibration effects and analysis.
Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS)
- Variables in supply chain and manufacturing processes. Why your suppliers should be using HALT and HASS.
- Establishing test profiles. Depth of Screen and Safety of screen.
- Proof of HASS, statistical approach by product type.
- How to test multiple part fixtures. How to apply and measure uniform forces during HASS.
- Real world HASS examples. HASS applied to large and small volume production.
- Equipment, LN2 delivery. HASS optimization methods. Saving consumables.
- Why are customers demanding HASS as a requirement? Convincing customers to move away from obsolete ESS and burn in screening.
To register or for more information about this course, please contact Sharon Cary email@example.com at Hobbs Engineering, A Division of Qualmark 303-655-3051