- This event has passed.
Webinar: Using Full Scope of Environmental Testing to Gain Rapid Design Cycles and Product Maturity by Aldo Fucinari
September 8, 2016 @ 8:30 am - 11:30 am$300
Join us for a webinar Thursday September 8, 8:30 am to 11:30 am PDT (California)
This 3-hour webinar, which costs $300, by Aldo Fucinari, is on how HALT adds value to the design, development and manufacturing processes. It presents many of the topics raised during seminars, especially why HALT is critical to the development process. It will focus on the following topics:
• To understand the most efficient ways to integrate HALT into the design and development process so that it is most effective at ruggedizing products and reduces total design cycle time.
• To best understand how to gain the most useful information during testing to maximize the learning process and re-use of key data for future design efforts and value streams.
• Dr. Gregg Hobbs 6 step HALT process is amplified in the context of Lean engineering principles. Those steps are Precipitation, Detection, Failure Mode Analysis, Corrective Action, Validation of Corrective Action and finally knowledge storage and retrieval.
This webinar is based upon Mr. Fucinari’s own experiences as well as the book Accelerated Reliability Engineering, HALT & HASS by Dr. Gregg K. Hobbs.
Who should attend: • R&D, Engineering and Program Management • New Product Introduction Teams • Quality & Reliability Engineers and Management • Test Engineers • Electrical and Mechanical Engineers • Application & Sales Engineers
Aldo Fucinari has 35 years’ experience in design validation testing, electrical engineering and environmental testing and holds a BSEE degree in Computer Engineering. He has worked in various fields of engineering including computer peripheral storage engineering, automotive engineering and systems engineering. Aldo is currently chief consultant for rapiddiscoverysystems.com, providers of value added engineering development and operations processes and technology. He is partnered with Hobbs Engineering, Quality Testing Services, Cincinnati Sub-Zero and Adaptive Innovations to provide end to end HALT, HASS and specialized environmental testing solutions.
CONVENTIONAL ENGINEERING FLOW
- How and Why Conventional Methods are Obsolete
- The Importance of Component Engineering to the HALT process
- Why Field Failures Occur With Conventional Methods
- The Importance of Reliability Prediction and FMEA to the HALT process.
- Who’s the Guru on That?
- Conventional Design Process Flow vs. Lean Flow
A BETTER WAY TO DEVELOP PRODUCTS
- The Paradigm Shift to Finding Latent Defects FAST.
- A Brief Primer on How Components and Materials React During Halt Testing.
- Conventional Temperature Humidity Testing
- How and Why Most Environmental Test Plans are based on Military Specs. And How to Do it Better and Faster.
- How to Determine the Operational Product Specs.
- Why we Need to Know the Margin Beyond Operational Product Specs.
- Why Failure Mode and Effects Analysis is crucial to Any Environmental Testing Product Validation.
- Vibration Effects on Electronics When Combined With Rapid Thermal Excursion.
- How to Measure the Dynamics of the Device Under Test During HALT with Some Simple to Complex Examples.
HOW HALT FITS VERY WELL WITH LEAN ENGINEERING
- Dr. Hobbs Six Steps of HALT. Why The Order Is Crucial to the Process and How They Fit Perfectly With Causal Analysis and the Creation of Knowledge Briefs.
- How and Why to Determine the Right Corrective Action Team for HALT
- Knowledge Gained During the Test Process and How to Store it For the Next Development Effort.
WHY ALL OF THE ABOVE YIELD INCREMENTAL SPEED OF DEVELOPMENT WITH EACH NEW DESIGN