- This event has passed.
Webinar: Reliability Physics: How to Field Reliable Products by Dr. Abhijit Dasgupta
September 14 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$350
Reliability Physics: How to Field Reliable Products by Dr. Abhijit Dasgupta
Join us for a webinar on September 14, 2021 at 8:30 am-12:00 pm Pacific time (California). Cost $350 per person, group discounts available!
This course will be recorded if the time is not convenient for you. Contact us for details.
Webinar Description: This 3.5-hr course, which costs $350, offers an introductory understanding of some of the key engineering design principles and accelerated test techniques needed to develop reliable electronic products. Participants are presented with various reliability physics methods to design and test for reliability.
• Learn how/why products really fail and understand key methods to make products sufficiently reliable
• Become acquainted with the degradation modes and mechanisms associated with various electronic devices and assemblies
• Determine the stresses associated with the qualification of reliable electronic equipment and examine techniques to address reliability problems
• Investigate the usage and applicability of reliability standards and handbooks
• What is reliability ?
• Why assess reliability ?
• What reliability metrics make sense ?
• What is reliability physics ?
• Degradation mechanisms, failure sites and failure modes
• Lifecycle conditions and how they affect failures
• Reliability physics process as a proactive way to design & build reliability into a product
• Reliability physics tools
• How do the manufacturing process and supply chain affect reliability ?
• Reliability physics examples
• Reliability assessment & product qualification with accelerated stress testing
• Design of accelerated stress tests based on Reliability Physics principles
• Reliability Physics Failure acceleration models
Moisture and harsh chemical contaminants
• Case Study: Example of accelerated stress testing based on reliability physics principles
Instructor Biography: Dr. Abhijit Dasgupta, a researcher at the Center for Advanced Life Cycle Engineering (CALCE) and faculty member at the University of Maryland, is an expert on reliability physics of electronic assemblies and interconnects and on methods to reduce cycle time for developing and qualifying electronic packaging. He has published widely, organized numerous conferences and workshops, and has served as past associate editor for the ASME Journal of Electronic Packaging, past Chair of the ASME Electronic and Photonics Packaging Division (EPPD) and past member of the leadership team for the ASME Design Materials and Manufacturing (DMM) Segment.
Cost: $350 per person $315 per person if you have 5 or more from same company
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.