- This event has passed.
Webinar: Cutting Edge Useful Physics of Failure Reliability Methods and Tools by Dr. Alec Feinberg
May 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm$400
Cutting Edge Useful Physics of Failure Reliability Methods and Tools by Dr. Alec Feinberg
Join us for our next webinar! May 22nd 8:30 AM-12:30 PM Pacific time (California)
Cost $400 per person, Group discounts available!
Register here and pass this on to your co-workers!
This 4 hour course will provide very useful cutting edge physics of failure reliability methods for a number of important helpful areas to:
- Generate an SN Curve using established rules (including notches, grain size, etc.) for material when the SN curves are not available in the literature,
- Assessing how much work and life is available in your product using an ultimate work test method,
- Perform environmental profiling to determine ones equivalent use stress when products have multiple field use stress conditions so accelerated testing can be designed between stress and use conditions,
- Perform solder joint (BGA) thermal cycle life modeling with and without underfill using the Engelmaier model (without testing)
- Use the Weibull beta to obtain physics of failure power aging laws
- Understanding why a lognormal failure rate statistic can be relevant for certain physics of failure occurrences and how it can lead to accelerated cheaper testing
- Obtain a physics of failure (accelerated test) aging law – wear and creep provided as examples,
- Use noise analysis (not just in the acoustic sense) to determining impending failure in subtle aging situations when gross degradation parameters are not sensitive enough,
- Use multiple regression (for many variables) in excel for problems like DOE, thereby making more accurate predictions
Dr. Feinberg has a Ph.D. in Physics and is the author of the books, Design for Reliability and Thermodynamic Degradation Science – Physics of Failure, Accelerated Testing, Fatigue and Reliability Applications. Alec has provided reliability engineering services in all areas of reliability and on numerous products in diverse industries that include solar, thin film power electronics, defense, microelectronics, aerospace, wireless electronics, and automotive electrical systems. He has provided training classes in Design for Reliability, Shock and Vibration, HALT, Reliability Growth, Electrostatic Discharge, DFMEA, and Physics of Failure. Alec has presented numerous technical papers and won the 2003 RAMS Alan O. Plait best tutorial award for the topic, Thermodynamic Reliability Engineering.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
COST: $400 per person, $360 per person if you have five or more from the same company