Reliability Physics: How to Field Reliable Products by Dr. Abhijit Dasgupta $350 9/14/2021 3.5 hrs
This course offers an introductory understanding of some of the key engineering design principles and accelerated test techniques needed to develop reliable electronic products. Participants are presented with various reliability physics methods to design and test for reliability.
• Learn how/why products really fail and understand key methods to make products sufficiently reliable
• Become acquainted with the degradation modes and mechanisms associated with various electronic devices and assemblies
• Determine the stresses associated with the qualification of reliable electronic equipment and examine techniques to address reliability problems
• Investigate the usage and applicability of reliability standards and handbooks
• What is reliability ?
• Why assess reliability ?
• What reliability metrics make sense ?
• What is reliability physics ?
• Degradation mechanisms, failure sites and failure modes
• Lifecycle conditions and how they affect failures
• Reliability physics process as a proactive way to design & build reliability into a product
• Reliability physics tools
• How do the manufacturing process and supply chain affect reliability ?
• Reliability physics examples
• Reliability assessment & product qualification with accelerated stress testing
• Design of accelerated stress tests based on Reliability Physics principles
• Reliability Physics Failure acceleration models
Moisture and harsh chemical contaminants
• Case Study: Example of accelerated stress testing based on reliability physics principles